Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thanks Mom!



Aren't moms the best. I just wanted to write a blog about my mom. I ended up having Alice sooner than I thought, so I didn't get to write a great blog about her on mother's day! My mom came and stayed with us for 3 weeks after we had Alice. She was the best help ever. She woke up in the morning and got Reagan up, changed her diaper, fed her breakfast, she fed me breakfast for that matter :) I love my mom and she was a great help. She took Regan for walks in the afternoon, so I could take naps, she made dinners, cleaned up after them, everything. She did laundry, cleaned my closets, and took us shopping. She had the ability to always put Alice asleep on her chest, gave her baths, changed her diapers. I had the best time with her. I am so sad that they live so far away, but I am so glad that she can come and visit. I can't wait until the next time we get to see her. Reagan already asked when she got up from her nap "Where'd Nana go?" I told her she went home and went bye bye and she said "No nana no bye bye" Reagan is going to miss her a ton. I just wanted to tell her that I appreciate her love, friendship, and everything that she does for us. I am so glad that you are my mom!!!
And not to forget my dad. My dad is the awesome one that said you need to stay 3 weeks to make sure that Christi is all settled. Thanks for lettting her come for so long right after you moved! Alice can't wait to meet you dad. You are the best.
I have the BEST parents in the world. Love you guys!

12 comments:

Tara said...

Oh that is so awesome! Moms are the best. I'm glad she was able to come out and give you so much help.

Now why in the world have I not seen that gorgeous baby of yours yet?!

Lizzy said...

That is really sweet. Isn't it amazing that even when you're all grown up and not a snuggly little baby anymore, moms still want to be there and take care of you. She sounds like she was so much help!

Mary said...

I think I'm going to make my Mom move in permanently when we have a second. Your Mom does rock (for all the help, but mostly because she really is just a rad lady)!

Alifinale said...

You mom is really so wonderful! I am so glad that she was able to come and help you out - she did a ton. Does she want to come back when I have #2?

Carl and Tami said...

Alice is absolutely beautiful! Congrats! Moms are the best! I hope my children feel I am great when are all grown up and raising their own children.

Kara said...

That is so sweet and almost made me cry. Your mom was so nice, and I'm so glad she was able to stay so long, and that your dad let her. My dad couldn't handle my mom being gone that long, so props to your dad for being so thoughtful. Hope you guys get to feeling better soon.

Emily said...

I want to thank your mom too...for setting a higher standard. I informed my mom that if I ever have another kid, she gets to stay for 3 weeks too.

Your mom is awesome, and I'm so glad she was there to help out. Tell her thanks for playing with Easton too, he loves her!!

Judy said...

Christi, thank you so much for your generous comments. You make it easy to be a good mom. I loved being there with you guys. Am missing you a ton! I miss hearing "Where's Nana" from my sweet little Reagan and holding Alice on my chest. I can also relax knowing that Nick is such a good husband and dad. Thanks Nick! You have super nice friends too. I hope the colds are gone soon. Love you all!
Mom

The Grahams said...

I am so jealous your mom got to stay for 3 weeks!! My family would fall apart back home without my mom for that long..... that is why when we have the next one in dec. we are gonna just go down there and stay there for like 2 weeks! Your mom is seriously the sweetest and most helpful mom i have ever met!

Dana said...

I couldn't agree more! I love that she is so willing to help and dad is willing to let her! Its a huge sacrafice on both of thier parts!

noelle said...

your parents ARE wonderful! love them, too.

Chelsea said...

Wow! Can your Mom come make me breakfast even if I don't have a first?