Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Looks Are Deceiving

We have moved Alice to a toddler bed. I was all ready to leave her in her crib until we had another baby or until she was 15 :) But alas she has learned to crawl out of her crib without hurting herself so there was no stopping her. I was nervous to put her in b/c I knew she would fight going to sleep. Well I was right. Don't let this sweet picture of her throw you.

Take a closer look and you will see the deviant in her.
She has been getting up several times a night and after 2 nights of that I went to Babies R Us and bought a lock. Well we have the french doors not knobs so I had to get this special kind of lock. Well Alice of course figured it out the first night. So I had to get out the duct tape to fix the problem.
She has currently stopped crying and screaming I can't get out; so hopefully it worked and she will get the idea she can't get out of her room.
In Reagan news, she is doing great. But I would like any ideas of what to do with 4 1/2 year old during "quiet time". She won't stay in her room and just wants to be with me for the whole time. Don't get me wrong, Love Reagan, but sometimes I need some quiet time to myself!! Any ideas would be appreciated!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm in the same boat with quiet time. E is horrible at it, and when he actually does do it, he falls asleep and then won't go to bed at night. Grrr.

Alice is determined! Hopefully it will just take a week or so and then she will realize she just needs to stay in there. HOPEFULLY.

Shalene said...

We just started the transfer of Lilly from the bed to the crib with out nursing :) it has been going pretty good. She use to cry for about 15 min. and that was a week ago now she just cries for a min or two and just lays down. I bet Alice will get the idea that you are not going to let her out and just lay down with no problems :) I couldn't tell you about quiet time. Our quiet time is all taking a nap together :) he he. But when the time comes for that I will have to ask for your advice. Love you guys

Judy said...

she is just too cute! I like the quilt too. See you soon.

Bringhursts said...

Wait. Alice still takes a nap and you're asking for advice on how to keep Reagan quiet? WHAT! Cohen stopped napping six months ago so let me ask you this, "How the heck do I keep two boys in quiet time while I get some alone time?"

Tara said...

I hear ya on the quiet time. It can really be irritating sometimes. One thing that has worked for me is that I tell Drew he has to read books for at least 20 minutes or so. Then after that he will play with toys and watch a movie on his mini dvd player in there. Then I let him come out after about 2 hours total and we play a game together. So I don't know. Some days are better than others!

Good luck with getting Alice to stay in bed. You are cracking me up with the lock on the door. I'm going to have to do that with Luke I bet!!