Tuesday, September 10, 2013

On the move


This one is going to be a long one...
    Nick and I went to Reno last summer to check it out. Nick had a good friend from the DA's office in Vegas who went up to the office in Reno and was selling Nick pretty hard on Reno. We took a trip and really loved it! So Nick applied last fall for the Washoe County DA's office. After waiting and waiting, it looked like it wasn't going to happen. They kept telling him we really want you but we are waiting for a so and so to retire, or a spot to open up, etc. Well I kind of gave up thinking it wasn't going to happen. So of course, I finally bought a brand new large sectional and some patio furniture I had been wanting, but waiting for to make sure we didn't get the job so we didn't have to move it. Then we also decided to re do our kitchen cabinets. Well wouldn't you know 2 days into the cabin re-do Reno calls and offers Nick a job! We were needless to say surprised! I knew this move was going to be a hard one, but the right one for our family. When Nick graduated law school and we were looking for jobs, I never in a million years would have thought Vegas. Not that anything was wrong with it, it just wasn't on my radar. However my sister , moved there and so we thought let's look there. I have always wanted to live near my sister, and raise my kids with hers. That was just a given. Well it turned out that Vegas is a great place to get a judicial clerkship. Nick accepted and we were all set to move to Vegas! As life happens, my sister ended up moving to Arkansas right before we moved to Vegas. I was obviously totally bummed, but excited for a new adventure, and a bunch of our law school friends had accepeted jobs in Vegas too. Fast forward 6 years later. I knew it was going to be hard to leave all our friends. My friends had grown to be more than friends, they are my family. They are the ones who laughed with me, cried with me, and just sat on a couch with me. They have raised my kids with me, told me when I was labor, watched my kids when I couldn't. My kids love your kids, and I love your kids.
I could go on and on about how my dear my friends are to me, but I only have some much time and energy. I have cried endless night and random times in the day when I think about them. I have learned so much from each and every one them. We did have lots of last girls night out!!! We always have so much fun! They have no idea how much I will miss them.  Thank-you to all of those who let us into your families. I love Vegas and all the people there. It will always hold a special place in my heart.

























1 comment:

Carol and Bruce said...

Made me cry. I lived in Reno and also loved it. Cold winters though.