Thursday, January 24, 2008

We are Back...

And we aren't going anywhere for a long time!!!!! It was a really good trip and I am so glad that we had the opportunity to go. Of course it was so much fun to see all of my best friends from Tennessee, my family in Tennessee, and of course my parents in West Virgina. Reagan did so good on the plane to Nashville, I really can't complain. We were so lucky to have a whole row to ourselves! Well when we got to Chattanooga, Reagan had a temp and the next day so we had to take her to Urgent Care with a 104 temp. She had a double ear infection!!! So we got the meds and then after about 2 days she felt better. It was really sad, but my friends were great and we pretty much just hung out at the house. Well she finally felt better the last day in TN, so we had a good time there. Unfortunately we didn't take any pictures, I didn't think you would really wanted to see her laying on me in her pj's all day :)
Then we visited my family in another part of TN, it was great especially to see my brother, even if it was only for a day! We then made the road trip to WV, and hung out with my parents. My dad hadn't seen Reagan since she was 9 months old so it was really fun to see them together. Here are a couple of pictures...




Mom and Reagan before church.

Dad and Reagan cuddling.


Reagan in the snow in WV.

We had a really good time there. The flight home was interesting. It was 6 hour flight back. The plane was completely full, and I was sitting next to the window next to 2 guys that were at least 300 pounds each. I could blog about this forever but lets just say, the one guy had 16 yes 16 beers, and the guy next to me had about 4-6 beers. There were 5 of them all around us going to Vegas for a concrete convention, they were the loud drunks on the plane and everyone looked at me like I am so sorry. It wasn't too bad. Reagan of course wouldn't fall asleep except for the last 45 min. At one point she used the guys belly's as a pillow-enough said!
We are back now, and we aren't going anywhere for a long time!!! We wanted to say thanks for everyone back in TN and WV for all there help!!!!

12 comments:

Ilene said...

A concrete convention... sounds like lots of fun.

Glad you survived the plane rides and ear infections!

Alifinale said...

Glad you are back and had some good stories to tell. I love that she slept on some guys belly.

Emily said...

You were gone forever! Poor Reagan doesn't even remember me! And all so she could see her grandparents...I guess they are important too.

So sad that she got sick! That pic with your dad is adorable!

Jen Lee said...

Wow! Gotta love long plane rides with a lap kid. AND a pregnant belly AND obnoxious seatmates! You probably need another vacation just to recover from that!

You've been gone so long - you'd better show up at play group so we can hear all about your trip!

Kara said...

I'm so glad you're back- I feel like I haven't seen you in FOREVER! That's kind of funny about the big guys on the plane. Sorry it was a long trip though, that's how it always is when you're just ready to get home. Hope to see you soon!

Dana said...

I love the pictures, they turned out great! How did you get her to wear that hat and gloves? Brady won't!

Tara said...

Oh my gosh how awful that plane ride on the way home must have been! I would have been ticked. Glad you made it and that you are back blogging again. We missed you!

Chelsea said...

I can't believe she slept on somebody's beer belly for a pillow! Oh my!

Jenn said...

That is too funny about the plane ride home. I'm sure that was a pain to be next to those HUGE drunk guys. I have flown with kids many times and it is not easy. But, I am so glad you guys are back!

The Grahams said...

That poor little girl always gets ear infections! Glad she's doing better and that you guys are back, except you went back to Vegas and not Eugene again! Come on guys, Eugene is your home, remember? We miss you still :)

Melissa Hodgen said...

I'm glad to hear everyone is healthy again. So sorry about the plane ride back. If Regan was using is belly as a pillow, he probably could have done without those 16 beers.

Raina said...

I can't believe that you got stuck next to those guys! I would die! That is a long flight too, so good job!!! And.. I bet your family just LOVE Reagan! That is a long time to not have seen her.
Glad you're back safe and sound